Anxiety is basically an emotional distress along with tension and some physical change like increased heart beat in moments of stress. We all go through anxiety in tough situations which is normal but when it persists in our everyday life and starts influencing our day to day activities, it takes the shape of anxiety disorder. It is essential for us to deal with the anxiety right in the beginning so that it does not turn out to be a problem. It is a skill that one needs to develop with lots of patience, persistence and hard work.
Some of the techniques which might prove helpful in developing this skill are:
1. Changing your mindset: The first and foremost way to deal with anxiety is to change your mindset. If you have a tendency to be self-centered, then anxiety will become worse. Therefore it is very important to be optimistic and keep your social life vibrant.
2. Understand the context: Everybody encounters tough situations in their life but it is totally on the individual that how they deal with it in the best possible way. By understanding the context with the help of relevant people involved, you can assess the situation realistically.
3. Become confident: Have the confidence and faith in you and your peers. Don’t take failures as permanent defeats. Developing faith and confidence gives you courage to face difficult situation without getting anxious and worried.
4. Socialize and interact: The best way to deal with anxiety is to socialize. Talking and involving in activities with peers helps you develop the required communication with other people which might prove to be very useful in dealing with unnecessary stress.
5. Speak your heart out: It is very important to get out of the comfort zone to fight anxiety. Speak your heart out if you have problem with somebody without being rude. Sharing your thoughts solves a lot of problems. If you are in a tough situation, then talk to your boss or teachers or anybody who can solve the problem and it will automatically lower the anxiety level.
6. Meditate and exercise: Meditation and exercise can help in developing positive thoughts and help you cope up with anxiety. It is a really effective way in dealing with stress.
All these techniques can prove to be really useful in dealing with stress, what you need to learn is how to use them in the most effective way in dealing with anxiety in the best possible way. Always remember that “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths”. So it is really important to fight off anxiety and you can do it yourself in the best possible way. Just change your outlook, become confident and learn the art of dealing with anxiety.
You may be interested
“Ganesh Chaturthi – May You be Blessed with Intellect, Knowledge & Wisdom!”Saral Education - September 12, 2018
10 years young Manish wakes up his father and surprises everyone in the family - “Wake up Papa, wake up! It is 6:30 am, we have to…
Activate students’ and children’s inherent potential through unique Saral Four Sciences (S4S)Saral Education - June 21, 2018
The pace at which contemporary world is progressing is more than what the prevailing education system can handle. Learning is getting more and more challenging in this…